23/06/2008

O-festivalen

Finally a good race this year!

I was confident with my orienteering technic before O-festivalen because I did really good O-trainings in front. The beginning of the week was good with 2 technic training per day with François and Thierry. Anyway, I had big troubles on World Cup middle distance. I was running too slow and making too many mistakes. It seams taht my expectations are too high and push me to take too much risks. It was a lot of opportunity on this race to make a top 10 which is what I can expected the best from me right now. But I am looking for better results and I try to get this perfect race/shape to rich it. It seams to be the wrong tactic. So far...

The long was just a good training to built self confidence again. I knew it was too long for me, specially regarding WOC preparation. I am going to run Sprint, Middle and Relay at WOC so, I need to be fresh this week to train really hard. The part I ran on the long was going well. I was feeling much better than the day before.

Finally a real good race on the relay. We are back on the very top with KOK. We did 4 very solide races. Jostein, John and Baptiste did a great job after my first leg. It is the race standard we are expecting to rich at Tiomila and Jukola in order to be in front. Definatly, John should ran Tio and Juko with us. Come on John!!! So, self confidence is much better now and I am looking forward to the next 3 weeks of good training until WOC. WOC relay is my main goal this year.

Maps and routes from O-festivalen
Results from O-festivalen
World cup page

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.