17/06/2008

CFC and Jukola

10 days ago, I was taking part to the French Club Championship organisation. After EOC, I spent most of my time working on this organisation. The organising club was NOSE fom Saint Etienne. I was involved in this organisation for a long time, almost a year. My work was mostly communication and animation, as speaker together with Thibaut Magne. We tried to make it as a little Jukola. our expectations were high and I can say, we did it good. Of course, it was some small problems but we made the competition very nice and the arena was nice built to follow the battle between the best clubs. Unluckly, we had an extremly bad weather which affected the competitor's feeling.

I was extremly tired after this organising WE while sleeping only 2-3h 3 nights in a row. I had to sleep almost the all week in order to get in cheap for Jukola. My training has been affected by this and I can say now, that it was not professionnal to not sleep enough during CFC WE. I was too much involved in this to be clever enough about resting.

KOK'er were meeting on Wednesday afternoon in Tampere. We had to drive 1h to get to the accomodation. It was a nice place just north of one training map. As we won Tiomila, we were expecting to rich top 3. We were focusing pretty much on our own. I was feeling good with the team spirit. It was a little more stressfull than at Tiomila. I think we were too much thinking that we could win. I havn't run extremly well. After my run, I thought I did well but in fact I was missing more than 1,5 min on control 6 because I lost my direction and I struggled to get back on the right direction. I found some tracks that I followed but they were not the one maped. It was new tracks from Jukola runners. I didn't noticed it and lost to much time there. It seams than only Holger ran well enough to close the gap to the leading teams. I think Baptiste and me could have run better (3-4min each) which means giving Daniel apportunity to make a better team result. As usual, loosing so much time on first leg was making trouble on other runners performances. Most of us didn't run our real level. It was possible to run better and close some gap to the lead. We have to improve our fighting spirit on bad situation. But meaning better technical performances and not taking any extra risk.



GPS Tracking
Results

Let see if French football team can qualify on a very bad situation and show us that we can alway believe...

Coming next is world cup in Oslo. We are already there and training on very nice maps and terrains. Always nice to be in Norway, specially when it is nice weather like today.

KOK's blog
Daniel's blog
Baptiste's blog

Aucun commentaire: