30/11/2010

New life - New projects

After the past season, I decided to quit the national team to focus on my family. To be honnest the last 2 years were allready quite much focused on family even if I had goals at WOC 10 in Trondheim. I didn't do choices that could help me to increase my performances at WOC actually, like moving to Lofoten during past winter. But I don't regret those choices anyway. My performances at WOC were OK but not as good as I was dreaming. I had the opportunity to make top 10 but I missed because of 2 bad routechoices on middle final (1min lost each). Anyway, my shape was really good and I could enjoy my last WOC.

Then NM in Beitostolen was my last race under Kristiansand OK colors. Here I performed really good. This was this kind of performances I was expecting at WOC but I guess I was better prepared to the NM terrain which was much more nordic than WOC middle distance final terrain. It was a good feeling to run so good for my last races with the best Elite club I have been with. 5th place in middle was my best race this year and the relay was a good team race. We did good with 4th place, we were not having the best team this year but we did our best, that's all. It is not easy to leave such a good club with so many good people (not only the best runners I mean). KOK was a huge inspiration for me the last 3 seasons. Thanks so much to all KOK members. I warmly recommend young elit runners to move there to improve themself on rough sørlandet terrain. Barbara and Pascal were very helpfull with training plans and so on. I understand easily that Pascal is now working for the Swiss team, he deserves it.

New life: since NM, I should say, it has not been so many proper trainings. 1 or 2 maybe. I am mostly taking care of my childs on daytime and WE. It is challenging too. I am more focused on diapers than training. My timeschedule is short, so the possibilities to The only "training" I do, is biking to the kindegarden twice a day carying the kids on the trolley. It is pretty heavy I can tell you. Specially the climbing back home and even more since there is snow. It is cold now but biking is still possible. I wonder if this "training" can be enought though the winter to be in OK shape at Tiomila. Of course, I will train more after X-mass. At least twice a week with KOL. I will prepare the mondays trainings with some indoor technical training with map included into the strength training as we used to do with Pôle France when Michel Gueorgiou was in charge.

New projects:
- first, I am changing club to Kongsberg O-lag. There I want to help young runners to develop themself. In order to develop those young talents, I am going to be involved as the headcoach for 15-18 years old group which is about 25 peoples totally. In addition, the exchange program KOL for young runners from abroad was successfull last year and they would like to continue the project. I am very proud to see how the all club was involved in this project. KOL is a big club with so large ressources. See all details here. Fell free to contact us to ask for questions.
It will be also a nice challenge to develop the relay team for Tiomila and Jukola. I will try to learn them a bit of what I learned myself in OK Denseln then in KOK. Top 20 could be nice goal in 5 years perspectiv.

- second, I am now a bit working for Norwegian national team on WOC 2011 project as a consultant. Meanly logistics works but also some technical aspects. This Friday, I am doing a lecture at Camp Norway about WOC 2011 in France. How to train, where to train, what to expect,...

- third, is to try to help KOL with Pinseløppet. It is a great 3-days event, each easter week-end. Nice terrains, nice maps, many runners. It is huge possibilities to enjoy the Kongsberg terrain through this competition. It is quite a few people from abroad and that's a pity. I would try to get involved in this organisation too if I get enough time in order to get more people from other countries. I have many ideas but quite a little time right now.

- fourth, I am trying to market my parents holiday appartment rental in the orienteering community. The house is 1500m over sea level in Pyrénées, nearby Font-romeu in France, where Tommi Tölkkö has been mapping last 2 summers. Maps are about 1800 to 2200m over sea level) and more maps are coming next years. It is good training facilities there and nice terrain. Nice also in winter for alpin skiing and XC skiing. I was there in end of october, nice weather, a bit snow some days. I met Philippe Adamski there who was checking the maps drawn by Tommi so far. I was flying from Oslo to Barcelona direct with Norwegian, then 2h driving. Ryan air is olso flying to Girona airport a bit north of Barcelona.

All those projects are very much office work: seeting in front of a computer working. A bid change in life! I am looking forward to start the youth project in Kongsberg then I will be more in contact with runners and real people...

Hopefully WOO is helping me to keep in touch with O-world and friends. I am looking forward to Road to X-mass and "The Orienteering Achivement of 2010"
Difficult to choose the best achivement this year. I will vote for Carl W.Kaas I think or I would have liked to vote Petter Öberg but he wasn't on the list... Marianne Andersen is my choice among the Women class.

Aucun commentaire: