11/08/2010

WOC qualif

Qualification went not as planed due to a big mistake on 1st control.
I navigated without direction check and ended too high on the hill side. I was really stressed when I didn't know where I was. My mistake was mostly due to the stress I guess. my plan was to go through the narrow marsh then crossing the path. But I went to high first so I picked wrong narrow marsh and the second one I though was the path. Then I was looking for the track. I was panicking first. Then I though it was only possible that I was too high. So, I went down and found the track.

The second part went OK even if the tempo was bad. I didn't miss but didn't run with a good flow. It was very strange feeling, like I didn't have really contact with the map and terrain. I was in the shadow the all way. Maybe the stress due to WOC is changing my habits. I havn't done so bad race since ... maybe NM relay last year. Relax!!! Take it easy!

Between 6th and 7th, I ran through a 4m cliff and felt down. AGAIN!!!! Very strange to do it again. I guess I am a bit late on the decision making so I read the map at the wrong time. I hurted my elbow and my back. The pain was OK to reach the finish line and make the final.

The most important was to make the final. Of course it would have been nice to start at the end of the field. In the other hand, I did my best run at WOC middle in 2004 while I was starting first og the final.

I still believe my shape and skill are good enough to make a good result on satursday. The point is to run nice all the way.
Today, I am running intervals without map (3x(5x(50/30))) and tomorow 5x 1km on the model event map. On thursday, I will run the last WOC tour race in order to get a good feeling on the Granåsen map.

Aucun commentaire: