04/08/2010

Lucky me!

On sunday afternoon, I went out to run a course near the top Knute on the west side of Kongsberg. It is a really nice map: very challenging and amazing landscape.

I ran a course made by Pascal and organised by the Kongsberg juniors.

It was my last middle distance before WOC, so I tried to made it as it was WOC final.

I ran not really good to the first and 6th and had some problems to see the flags when they were down (3rd and 7th). On the 11th I did a 2min mistake by loosing my focus when the terrain was changing from very open (easy navigation with lakes...) to a dense area where the direction in to the circle was very important. I was not able to relocated fast and didn't know to look. After this, I was a bit upset by myself. I pushed a little extra uphill to the 12th and then to 13th. I was reading the map when I run over a cliff. I though I had one more foot to do before jumping down about 1,5/2m but I was not... So, I lost the balance and felt 2m down. I landed on the side while my head hurted first the ground. Hopfully it was really soft there. Nothing to hurt me... I was really lucky. Anyway, I had some pain in the head and didn't succeed to restart running. I had to quit the training and drive home. After a good night sleep, I had no more pain on my back and in the head.

Yesterday, I went to the first Kongsberg OL training after the summer holidays. It was a sprint starting in the forest. Nice course and quite a good speed. It was a good session before WOC even if I am not running sprint at WOC.

Aucun commentaire: