04/09/2009

A sunny day in paradise


We have been in Svolvær, Lofoten, since WOC. After a long journey back from Miskolc, I was very happy to find my family in good shape after they have moved from Kongsberg to Svolvær while I was at WOC. I have spend some days to fix our new home in order to get a nice place to be during the looong winter which in front of us. No sun from december 6th to january 6th....

I am now use to train at morning after biking to kindergarten to deliver Elise. Then I can run in the suroundings of the town. When it is clear enought, I am running to a top. It is just unbelievable here. So nice views everywhere.

Today, I took a longer run (1h50 with 1h05 uphill) up to Rundefjellet which is 802 meter over the sea level because of a totally blue sky. I started from sea level. It is one of the highest top where you can run/walk without to climb. See pictures and map.

Next WE, I am taking part in my first Norwegian championship. I mean within the rules!
I am looking forward to run with my club mates from KOK again at the relay. It has been a long time know from Jukola.

Unfortunatly, it will be the last competition for Pascal and Barbara as KOK trainers. I am sad but life is life. I am very thanksfull for those 2 years I had with them at KOK Elit. They are great people and really good trainers: not only on success, also when it hurts. Thanks you and good luck in Switzerland.

KOK is now looking for a new and creativ coach. KOK Elit board would be please to get as many application to the job as possible. Feel free to apply!

3 commentaires:

Bnco a dit…

So beautifulllll !!!
On vous souhaite de bons moments tout là-haut et de bonnes sessions d'entraînements pour toi !

Anonyme a dit…

Ben, c'est beau, profites bien!
Je constate que tu as a nouveau paumé ton rasoir, tu en as demandé un nouveau pour Noël?
Alain

Anonyme a dit…

Fantastisk bilder Damien! Livet er godt når fjell, fjord og trening kan kombineres slik! Får nesten lyst til å trene igjen.. Men det hender at det er annet vær i Lofoten utpå høsten...


Bjørnar V