21/08/2009

WOC finals


With 2 places around 30th place, my WOC is over now. It doesn't taste so good to me but I am pretty please with the races I have ran. It was good races technically but too weak physically. I knew it before coming there. With bad winter training, it is really hard to fight for a top 15. This is very good to our sport I think. More people able to fight for medals.
I have been please to take part. Specially the sprint final was really challenging both technically and physically. Andrey is the king for sure. The course was a good challenge: lot of direction and speed changes. I didn't manage to get the sprint tempo necessary in those tricky ZOO areas. The middle was a though race for me. I have done very few mistakes. The first control was my biggest mistake, 30sec. But my worth mistake was actually a too weak strategy regarding the beginning of the race. I didn't warm-up hard enought then I got to much acid in my legs on the first uphill and this gave me very bad feelings and speed the all way.
It is a good start to WOC next year. A good base to train on.
The french guys looked very strong this morning. The relay is going to be intresting as usual. It is my first WOC relay from the outside. Strange feelings. Go hard guys!
Tomorow
I am travelling back home to Norway. Not back to Kongsberg, because we have move to Svolvaer in Lofoten. I am looking forward to be there. I have never been there before...
Next to come is NM with KOK in less than a month.

Aucun commentaire: