27/05/2008

Better than qualification

I did much better on B-final than on qualification and get 3rd place. It was a fast and pretty easy sprint.

I have to improve quite a lot on easy sprint in order to be competitive. It is small details (like 5sec mistakes) which makes ranks on top 10. I am use to run more technical sprints because I like it more but I can wait to get the perfect sprint to perform. So, I need to get better on those pretty easy sprints. I have pretty good team mates in KOK (Daniel for sure) who can teach me a little more about the way to get faster on this kind of races. Physical aspect is very important of course but I think technical aspect is important too. When it is easy, I usually sleep off after some controls on make small navigation or direction mistake because I am not one step ahead. It is more difficult for me to stay focus when it is easy orienteering. Sprints in Norway are quite easy usually, so it will help me to get better to take part on sprint competitions in Norway.

Now, I have 3 days rest before the next event (Middle). It will take it easy today and run 30-45min on tracks. I am in good shape to face the WE events and not running the long will help me to still feel fresh before my main goals: Relay and Middle.


Route Gadget on EOC website

Aucun commentaire: