30/05/2008

Bad at EOC... again


After disappointing spring qualification, I did bad run again today. I was close to qualify but far away from a good technical race. I had a nice feeling physically and technically before the race. After a good start (expect some seconds lost on first control because of a slow/safe start, I passed the river and run over the hills to the yellow depressions. Then, I was sleeping off when entering the green area. My focus was away from map reading. I didn't stop at this stage in order to relocate precisely then, my navigation was too unsure to get directly to the control. Loosing focusing after a good start and not stopping to relocate is one of my biggest weakness in orienteering.

I really struggle to relocate while being very close from the control. I met Thierry when he punched his control some 50m from mine but didn't get the position of this control on my map. I started to get stress by this situation because the qualifications are pretty tough on men class nowadays. I thought I could get it fast without relocating far from this place. But I used more than 2min to finally find it. A fast relocation would have cost me max 1min.

Then I have been caught by Jarkko. I had no other option to push really hard in front of him to get to the final. But I knew I had very few chances and I had no other possible mistake. I managed to run very well until control 12th where I was reading control 14th instead. So, it took about half a minute to notice it on control area. Jarkko pasted me but I didn't saw him. I had no more chances to get to the final but I tried anyway. I caught Jarkko again on control 17th and had a good last part.

My o-technic is not stable actually or should I say my capacity to focus by myself for 35 minutes is not good enough. I need to improve it. It is not new for me but it is specially true when it is qualifications. But it is not time to think to deep about it. I is still races to come. I will have to make some analysis later on.

I am still very motivated for relay on sunday which is my main goal during this EOC. I have a good shape now and I will put myself together to focus enough during the relay race.

Route Gadget on EOC website

1 commentaire:

Fabrice et Titouan a dit…

Cela passe pas loin encore une fois mais tu finis à la plus mauvaise place.Te voyant pas inscrit pour la finale B de demain, j'en déduis que tu gardes du jus pour dimanche.Tes deux acolytes ont l'air en forme, cela devrait dépoter.Les russes paraissent encore costauds cette année.L'ordre du relais a t-il été défini ?

Bonne fin de championnat et une petite marseillaise pour clôturer ces EOC serait la bienvenue histoire de mettre la pression sur les autres nations en prévision des WOC.